Ride it!... or Walk it! ... but never DNF!

Pro MTB'r for Bear Naked Cannondale (fastest and funnest bikes on planet earth!) squad and NM roadie for MountainTop Cycling out of Albuquerque, NM. I have a great family and my roots are in northern NM. Both my boys love riding...all day long! One's a climber and ones more of a downhiller. Loving the epic MTB rides and learning new routes around the state and locally in the querque. Work as a ... let's not talk about work!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Da Querque, Nueva Mexico

Monday, October 09, 2006

Definite Frazer Mtn Madness! www.frazermountainmadness.com


This was a killer set of races held in the high country of Taos Ski Valley. The biggest indicator of how the race would be was 6inches of snow falling on the course at 9200-11,600ft. That's all I'm gonna say about that.
The hillclimb was hard, and shortened due to the lack of access because of all I've said about that. I beat a cool Taoseno, and another cool Taoseno, and won some sweet Nambe hardware and green backs. Lube the chain and drink some beer on the deck of Rhoda's, you won't need your wits about you, just some sufferin. Shake off the buzz because we went down to my bro's and had to help framing and siding the downstairs floor of his house he's building.
Well tomorrow came and any negative effect from a six'r of Sunshine Wheat did not. I was en fuego today and tore up the high alpine race course like a billy goat chasing the scent of his betty goat. She was down at the Edelweiss chasing the kiddy goats, one of whom took second in the kids race the day before. The boy is good and he worked the kids with the gears and the extra years on him.
Q dog tore it up and scored 2nd on the day and proved his mettle by whooping everyone else pretty good. He's consistent, strong, whoops it up at any sport he tries... which is why he's the best overall athlete I may ever meet. He was afterall the 1989 Taos High Athlete of the year, don't ask about the GPA!
I won some more Nambe hardware, some more cash, and some killer memories of a very unique race in the snowed in high country of mi tierra. Time to get down the hill to help my bro frame another wall of his house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

A 6-pack before a race? Impressive. I've had some pretty bad mornings after when doing big multi days in Flagstaff...but never before a race.

Congrats on the excellent season too.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Blick says, you have to much time on your hands, if you have the time to type that much. Take a breath, your going to need it as soon as I flex. A hustle full of muscle and you look weak son.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home